Friday, March 15, 2013

Being random in Batangas

About two weekends ago, randomly Keico texted me to go with her to Batangas. What's the occasion? None. She told me, that BJ, our common friend just commented on her photo and that was where their/our random getaway to Batangas happened. And by that, I mean I came from an org event, slept over at a friend's place, travelled to Manila, off to Batangas for an overnight, back to Quezon City where I live. I haven't changed clothes for like 3 days! But hey, naliligo naman ako and I have extra baon thankfully.

Photos will accompany you on this trip.
Photos from Keico's Instagram, Itouch.

ALONG THE WAY
Listening to two different songs, genre. Right ear, rock. Left ear, soft music. Awesome right?! 
This is the real first photo of our trip. On the bus. At the back. Field trippers!

When we got off to Lipa terminal, we rode a van to San Juan, Batangas. And met this adorable kid! He's just so cute, I have to have a picture with him taken! But then why oh why he's not smiling. Huhuhu!

WELCOME TO SAN JUAN, BATANGAS
This is called "banggerahan." Correct me if I'm wrong. This is usual in provincial settings - where they wash there dishes.

Op! Op! Photo op at the banggerahan! Fantastic window set up!
Luuuuunch! They're so many! Hipon, sinigang, bbq. All yummy! Plus merienda, like ginataan but not, starts with 'p'.

Warning: YOU CAN SKIP THE NEXT THREE PHOTOS!


THIS IS WHERE THE FUN STARTS

Soooo, BJ our friend, is a package heaven sent from above. Kidding! But he's musically talented. He played the piano with Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me and Oasis' Champagne Supernova. We even recorded the latter. Oh here it is, listen!! Don't watch na. 



I know only one song, just the notes.
MERIENDA TIME: CAFEÑO

We so cute!! *Keico voice*
So Cafeno had this polo plate, we took advantage of it. Oh Keico, where's your photo? :(

Food and ambience. Apparently, my order has no picture because they were busy eating theirs when mine arrived, anyway I ordered sweet tamales. Keico ordered some cookie ice cream and BJ cake and ice cream, and our drink, BARAKO float. Now you try it! Anyway, CAFEÑO is located along J.P. Rizal St., San Juan, Batangas.

DINNER: OLD SAN JUAN
BJ and Tita Edna (BJ's mom). Thank you BJ and Tita Edna for accommodating us at your home and proud place. I love Batangas!

For dinner, oh we haven't recovered from merienda yet, cos we had late, 5-6pm. And dinner by 8-10pm. Our stomach were so full - that's an understatement!! FOOD COMA! Garden fresh salad, calamares, some beef stew I guess, and grilled chicken.

THE NEXT DAY: BY THE SEA
After dinner, we packed some of our things and went to the Perez' private beach resort in Laiya, San Juan, Batangas. We slept at the bahay kubo. Listened to the roaring waves and hustling of the wind. By morning, we waited for sunrise.
Morning face. Pale. Lifeless.

FEATURING
The interior of BJ's residence. The ceiling!! Lovely lights! 

What's your weekend getaway? There's so much March has in store for me.